Earlier this week I got a bit more work done on my alternative Wonder Woman Costume. I decided to go with the scraps of red and white polka dot fabric I had, and make a short summery top with a shirred back that I would get more wear out of after wonder woman. I used a pattern I had previously drafted (for the bodice of my wedding dress) and added extra fabric at the back for the shirring.
|pressing open the seams|
|Top stitching the seams|
|The front pieces all topstiched and hemmed|
|The start of the Shirring|
|My original plans for the accessories... this changed a bit to make sure I could fit all the pieces on my fabric scraps|
|Roughly what the costume will look like|
|the belt pieces cut out|
|Zigzagging the edges, that gold stuff frays like you wouldnt believe!|
|All the accessory peices ready for hemming|
|The costume so far with the belt and headband pinned together.|
|Hemming the belt edge, whilst wearing the cuffs.|
It was a hit at church, with all the kids recognising who I was supposed to be (and most of the adults...) bonus, I was the only wonder woman!
We were so busy, I forgot to get a photo of the complete costume all together, so I will have to post one a bit later, as right now, im outside helping my husband (who is on the roof) put up christmas lights, ready for December.