So I bit the bullet and purchased more of the panama stretch suiting fabric from spotlight online, as I could not find it at any store that I visited, so that I could sew the matching skirt and finish my suit. I used my $5 scratchie voucher from my spotlight mail, so that almost made up for having to pay shipping.
Just to remind you, this is the pattern I used for the jacket:
To finish off my suit jacket I cut out and sewed the lining, then sewed it into the jacket, hand sewing a few sections, then sewing on the buttons and giving it all a final pressing.
For the skirt, I used the skirt pieces from Butterick B6094, with some added room at the hips, an extra 2 darts at the back (making 4 in total at the back) and a small kick pleat at the back hem.
While I do not have many shades of blue in my Zip stash, I did have a few pale blue ones. I settles on the vintage one still in it's original packaging. It was a bit stiff from disuse at first, but loosened up a bit after being unzipped and re-zipped a few times
Here is a selfie I took when checking the fit before pressing or adding the waistband or hem to the skirt. You can't tell, but I'm wearing it over my pajamas.
I also used matching self covered buttons and rouleau loops on the waistband for a neat finish. They aren't perfectly aligned, but I'm not unpicking now!
I am way way way behind on my goal of 10 Vintage Pattern makes for my pledge this year. This Suit only brings me up to 3! Although the slip I am wearing under my suit that you see in the last 2 photos is my next Vintage Pattern Pledge make, I just haven't blogged it yet. So I will really have to get sewing if I want any chance of making it to my goal.