Friday 2 January 2015

2015 Blog Goals

While I do not make New Years Resolutions, I would like to make a list of goals that I wish to accomplish with this blog this year. I initially started this blog with the intention of making and blogging at least 1 garment a week for myself to build up my homemade wardrobe. That fizzled out after less than 2 weeks. This reboot of the blog is doing better, with me just aiming to blog about whatever I make, without too many strict deadlines, and no real purpose to my blog, other than informing others of what I get up to (and possibly a few hints and tricks for sewing and cooking)

So rather than having a completely aimless blog, I have come up with some things to acheive this year (which you can all look forward to)

1. I want to participate in as many sew-alongs as my time and money will allow. I have had so much fun (even with the deadlines) participating in the swirl sew-along and the Vintage pyjama party sew-along. Its great to be sewing something at the same time as a group of people from around the world, and the help and support is amazing! Plus it's a great way to expand your wardrobe with things you might not have thought to make before.

2. I want to host my own sew-along, most likely with a free pattern to make it easily accessible to all.

3. I'd like to do a give away. Not sure what or why yet, but I have time.

4. I'd like work out how to digitize/pdf some of my self drafted patterns to share with everyone. I've drafted myself a few over the years, so I would like to share, and the internet can always use some more great free sewing patterns. I will probably have to get a proper computer to do that though, don't think my Samsung tablet will do.

5. Write up a few informative sewing tutorials. Teaching is not my strong point, and I always forget that not everyone shares my sewing knowledge, so I would like to write some tutorials that are accessible even for beginners.

6. Collaborate with another blog, whether it be writing as a guest on someone else's blog, or having a guest write on mine, or perhaps doing a joint sew-along or giveaway? Only time will tell.

That's it for the list for now, but I may add to it at a later date.

Do you have any suggestions of things I should do with my blog this year?

Dixie O'Dare

Kitty helps sew!




No comments:

Post a Comment