Tuesday 28 October 2014

Finished Rylee Dress and Wonder Woman?

So I finished hemming the Rylee dress on Monday Evening. I had a bit of difficulty with the neckline, as the fabric didn't want to play nice, and I am not so used to working on clothes for small people, but I think I managed to get it to turn out ok......

After finishing the hemming, I remembered I was supposed to be helping out at a Halloween evening for the kids at my church this Friday.... and that everyone was supposed to come dressed as a super hero........

When I was first told that I couldn't come up with any female super heroes other than Wonder woman.

And I still cant. I've googled, but all the others are either obscure, or are actually villains, or gender bent versions of the male super heroes, which really isn't my thing. So wonder woman it is.I figured I could go for a more 1950's pinup style wonder woman, so that I might actually be able to wear the clothes again, something similar to these


So I had a look through (some) of my stash for blue and red fabrics. I realized I had enough of the Blue Polka Dot fabric left after making my Summer Slip to make a (slightly shorter than my usual) Circle Skirt, and having the polka dots would probably negate the need to add the stars (which will also make it more wearable later) So after I hemmed the Rylee dress I got started on the skirt and got it mostly finished, just need to add a ruffle to the hem and it will be done.

As for the Top, I am still a little undecided. I have some plain red satin scraps I could whip a little bustier out of, or i could make a cute summery top from some leftover red and white polka dots, or even some cute cherry print. I am just not sure if using a print will confuse the outfit? I plan on making the gold belt, tiara and cuffs, so I think that will make it pretty obvious what the costume is supposed to be, but I am still undecided.

Also, I'd like to make a petticoat to go with this shorter skirt, as mine are all quite long....

Oh well, I have til Friday Afternoon.......



Dixie O'Dare

No comments:

Post a Comment