Saturday 23 April 2016

Pink Polka Dotted Diana Wrap Dress

I was lucky enough to recently test the Plus Size option of the Diana Wrap Dress from Wardrobe by Me. Which is pretty good timing, as I was after a good wrap dress pattern to use for Maternity wear down the track a bit.


The sizing chart put me in a size 18 for my bust and waist, which is pretty spot on me in ready to wear sizing, and usually what I make in butterick patterns once I account for all the ease they put in. My hips of course measure for a larger size, but I decided not to grade to a larger size because of the shape of the skirt. I was initially going to use some fabric from my stash, but then I was naughty and went to Spotlight and bought some lovely soft and stretchy pink polka dot jersey interlock.

Cutting out the pattern was relatively easy. I went for the long sleeve, no collar option. To customise the pattern to suit me, I shortened both bodice pieces by 2 inches, and lengthened the skirt by 4 inches (which might be too long, but I can always cut off the excess later) The pattern calls for 3.5m but I only purchased 3m and that was exactly how much I needed (my fabric was pretty wide though)






I found the pattern very well written and easy to put together. Even for someone like me who doesn't really enjoy sewing with stretchy fabrics. I have really been needing more cooler weather suitable clothes, plus this will also work great as a maternity/breastfeeding friendly dress in case I need that later down the track.

Bodice on the mannequin
I have not had the chance to take any decent photos of this dress yet, even though I wore all day to work on Thursday. I did however take some quick selfies to show how great the fit was.





*Edit* I dragged the hubby out of bed as I headed out to work to snap a few nicer pics for me






I've now also got my eye on the Amelia Bomber Jacket pattern and Haute Curvy Pants pattern as well....

The Curvy sizes of this pattern can be purchased here, but if you want to get the discounted rate (only available for a limited time) head over to the facebook support group here.

Dixie

5 comments:

  1. Your wrap dress is gorgeous. What a fantastic pink! I'm also not a fan of sewing with knits, I know where I am with a good old dependable woven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I know what you mean, you can always depend on a woven to stay where you want it (most of the time anyway)

      Delete
  2. That wrap dress is really beautiful, I have one RTW but I really need more of them. I kind of love sewing with knits, maybe because I hate fitting so much ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been a huge fan of the ready to wear ones as they never seemed to have enough skirt coverage for my liking. But now with this pattern, I can customise to suit me. You should definitely sew yourself a few :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete