Monday 6 June 2016

Love Nest: a little Marilyn Inspiration

Seeing as I have not been able to get in as much time sewing and blogging as I would like to lately, here is a quick inspiration post of Marilyn Monroe's costumes from a 1951 movie called "Love Nest" which I just got around to watching this weekend past. It is quite a delightful little movie, and while Marilyn is not in a lead role, she still appears in it enough to have a number of delightful costumes throughout. If you are looking for a new old movie to see, I highly recommend it.

The first scene we see Marilyn's character in, she is wearing this drool-worthy ensemble



A few scenes later is this interesting cut outfit




I also just want to throw this cute little number in, I love the delicate print and scallop hemline


Here she is, looking distracting in a bikini, while the men work int he back yard.



She returns from a weekend away in this outfit




And as the scene progresses, we get to see her undress to her slip. While I wear a slip under the occasional dress, I love seeing how women wore their clothes back in the 50's. Not sure I could wear this many layers very often in Australia, but perhaps in winter it is an easy way to add a little extra warmth to an outfit.



She then goes and showers and emerges in this lovely silky robe.




And here are a few promo shots, where Marilyn is wearing an Army uniform. This outfit is not seen in the film.



Seen any good movie costume inspiration lately?

Dixie

No comments:

Post a Comment